Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Recovery and Working out...and Recovery

So I've been out of the loop for a while. Lil' Birdie had the flu, which aggravated her GERD. She'd been off of her GERD medication for two and half weeks before she got the flu and didn't stand a chance. It was horrible, and I didn't eat much of anything. The screaming reminded me of when she was just weeks old and we couldn't figure out what was wrong, ie prior to the GERD diagnosis. It's the most horrible thing in the world to not be able to help your baby. On to happier things...


Since her recovery, which took almost 2 weeks, we've (read I) been loving on tuna, brussels, sauteed onions, and avocados (mostly lil' birdie).

Here we have some mashed avocado (known as 'cado' in our house), oven baked chicken with sauteed onions, sauteed brussel sprouts, and steamed asparagus.

Tuna mixed with mayo and mustard, green onion, tomato topped with nutritional yeast on toasted Ezekiel Sprouted Bread with lettuce. This is my kind of open-faced sandwich. I'm not much for bread, but the occasional EB is okay.

I have also started working out again. I opted for a P90X/Insanity Hybrid. It's intense, but I need it because even if I slack it still kicks my butt. Here's my 'recovery' drink.



Kale, water, almond milk, maca powder, cacao powder, raw-farm-fresh egg, chia seeds, banana, pear, dehydrated unsweetened coconut, and raw honey. It was actually pretty good!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kari! I've never tried raw eggs in a smoothie, but I think it's a great idea to add some healthy protein to a healthy drink! I hope your little one will feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That actually looks like it would be really good chilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Myfunnylittlelife! I don't usually add raw egg, but I was running low on hemp seeds that day. Wren is doing much better. Thank you for your kindness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AO, I would only drink it chilled. I added ice cubes.

    ReplyDelete